Pole Classes at Hustle and Flow in Portland, Maine
Please fully read this page before you sign up for a pole class… All the way to the bottom!
~Classes are non-refundable~
We offer exciting, unique and stylized Pole Classes with our creative, masterful and proficient Pole Instructor, Victoria. Victoria has been Poling and Teaching for years and has crafted a very special blend of her favorite Pole Genres: Pole Foundations, Pole Circuit-Mixed Levels, Pole for Performance, Sensual Pole Dance and Stylized Pole Dance.
Our Pole Foundations is designed to start with fundamental movements such as walking, turning, basic grip and hand placement, spins, and building from there. A great place to start for an absolute beginner!
Pole Circuit-Mixed Levels: Each pole will be dedicated to working on different aspects of your pole skills. Students will rotate around the room working on holds, spin combos, conditioning, new tricks, static rotations, climbs, sits, laybacks, inverts etc.
Pole For Performance-*Instructor Approval: Gain the confidence you need to perform or take your performance skills to the next level! First half is instructor guided. We’ll be learning how to build combos and choreography, taking on freestyle challenges, and finding our stage persona. Second half is instructor supported. This is your time to work out that combo in your head, work with your footwear or costume, play with props, request songs to dance to, and have help working out that new pole shape! *You need Instructor Approval to sign up for this class
Sensual Pole Dance-Mixed Level: Each month we will be working on a new pole dance choreography built to embrace the sensual nature of pole.
Stylized Pole Dance-Mixed Level: Each month we will be working on a new pole dance choreography to introduce you to a different style or flavor of pole dance. Hard style, contemporary, strip plastique, Latin, floor work, low flow, burlesque, edge work, etc.
Before you sign up:
- Pole classes have limited space and require pre-registration on Punchpass.
- If you are waitlisted please make sure you have enabled email and or text notifications to ensure your class status updates. If you are not signed up for notifications WE DO NOT KNOW. If you get bumped up into the waitlist, we assume you are coming and you are charged for that class. ***Students bumped up from the waitlist have 1 hour from the time they were bumped up to cancel.
- If you do not show up OR cancel your reservation 6 hours or less before the class you will be charged.
- If you receive a notification that you have been added to the class from the waitlist and you do not show up, you will be charged.
- Membership holders will be charged $10 for “Late Cancel/No Show”.
- You do pay to be on the waitlist. If you do not get bumped up from the waitlist you will have a credit on your account for the next Pole Class you sign up for.
- Please arrive to your class up to 5 – 10 minutes early
- Our Yoga mats are up for use for you during class. Please spray your mat after use.
- Please do not wear any lotion or oils the day of class.
- Do Not Touch the mirrors!
- Photos and videos are encouraged, only after checking with the teacher and other students for consent.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule a class, you must do so 6 hours ahead of the scheduled class or you will lose that class.
- Reservations are required using Punchpass.
- If you miss the warm up at the beginning of class you will not be allowed to participate. Inadequate stretching can lead to injuries.
- Water is the only beverage allowed into the studio. Keep food to a minimum. No fruit peelings or remnants in the trash.
- When first attempting an inversion or climbing, an instructor must spot you.
- Mats and or spotting are required for all inversions.
- We have a strict 6 hour cancelation policy for Pole Classes. If you cancel after the 6 hour window, you lose your class.
- All purchases are final, non-refundable, and non-transferrable.
- No outside shoes in the studio.
- We will not be responsible for lost or items left behind, such as jewelry or shoes.
- Dress code: Students are encouraged to wear booty shorts and a sports bra. You will need skin to stick to the pole. Wear layers to see what works for you.
- All students must sign a waiver prior to participating.
- No one under the age of 18 is permitted into the studio to use the poles. Anyone under the age of 18 who accompanies you must remain in the hallway. Please don’t bring anyone. There is no “watching class”.
- Services must be paid in full prior to the start of class.
- You must have an instructor, not another student, show you moves. Our class instructors teach proper and safe techniques. Please respect that our instructors are trained professionals and it is important for everyone’s safety that students do not instruct other students.
- Students who appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be asked to leave immediately, no exceptions.